Location: Lagos Nigeria.
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Salary Compensation: Negotiable.
Email Address: email@example.com (Share your Resume to this email with the Job title as subject)
- Define and develop the company’s Digital strategy to drive revenue and penetration in alignment to the overall Digital business strategy and market requirements.
- Drive digital services by enabling customer centric value propositions, products, channels and GTM strategies through, e-commerce, lifestyle as well as rich media services and entertainment.
- Position the company at the forefront of Digital innovation in the telecoms sector, through the development of Digital products, mapping of company’s digital assets and the creation of new revenue streams
- Extract value from what we already have through focused enterprise-wide activities such as Digital Transformation Program, Agility Culture restructuring, business optimization projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities at the enterprise-level e.g., new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing national legislations & policies, participating in national/industry think tanks, building & extending (inter) national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand company’s role in the national and global economy and digital ecosystem through participation as a thought leader.
- Enterprise-wide people leadership activities in coaching, staff development and motivation through, e.g., employee networks sponsorship/support, enterprise talent mentorship and coaching, employee engagement projects, faculty roles, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Group), cross-functional initiatives, etc.
- Ensures strategic alignment to the long-term vision and strategic intent linked to a broad holistic perspective. Leads thinking around control of capital revenue, expenditure and cost reduction. Ensures compliance and relationships at a macro community, industry, government and regulatory level.
- Manages the execution and implementation of strategy through working with and across functions, multiple processes, discipline technologies, products and customer segments, whilst concurrently leading the introduction of new/future processes, technologies, products, and customers segments.
- First degree in any relevant discipline (A degree in a technical field is an added advantage)
- MBA/Masters qualification in a related field.
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 12 years’ experience including:
- 5-8 years in a strategic digital role within a large organisation.
- 3 years relevant digital products development experience
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets and full understanding of the telecom and mobile financial services industries
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies and with a large team.
- Proven track record of a start-up, shut-down and/or business improvement/digital project
- Deep understanding of the digital ecosystem, players, business models and industry related best practices with experience working in a digital environment.
- Track record of developing a communication strategy, building relationships across teams and key stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Experience in planning and forecasting leading practices and trends.
Independent thought and Judgment:
Highly autonomous position with freedom to create and direct effectiveness of a highly skilled team in line with the levels of work.