The Chief Information Officer (CIO) of a company has primary responsibility to build and
evolve the company through the application of product and engineering principles, the
planning, implementation, managing and running of all the information technology activities
of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. You’ll
work directly with our CEO, providing high level strategic support and program management
to help us grow, scale and run the business more effectively. The candidate will also be
accountable for securing partnerships with large enterprise customers.
CIO duties and responsibilities of the job
As part of an executive management team, the CIO will interact with various members of a
company, both senior and junior. A CIO job description should include:
• Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive
• Develop and drive large, enterprise, deal campaigns with prospective clients including initial
relationship development, business case building, deal negotiation, and closing
• Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and
• Drive strategy, decision making, revenue, and pipeline accountability through data
• Manage, coach, and inspire a capable team to achieve tremendous results around revenue
• Explore new revenue streams and identify opportunities for Quartet to diversify our offering
and customer base
• Collaborate internally working across nearly every team at the company to ensure we’re
putting the right resources forward at the right time, inspiring confidence in our prospective
customers and appropriately planning large-scale partnerships
• Advocate for secure application and infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security
presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
• Manage relationships with external information security technology vendors and specialized
information security professional services firms
• Attract, develop, and retain an exceptionally talented team as the information program
• Adopting new technologies while ensuring they don’t introduce risks to the company they
An MBA is also highly desirable, must be chartered with at least 10 years’ experience and 5
in the financial and technology industry.
He/ She must have managed a team with examples of when they have demonstrated
excellence in the workplace. He/ She must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the
organisation and exercise sound judgement.
• Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both
verbally and written.
• Multi-channel (manufacturing/foodservice/retail) experience with a brand-centric
• Must have experience dealing with a large number of transactional data
• Creative thinking to analyze, evaluate and draw the appropriate conclusions from
multiple business and data relationships and interactions.
• Strong technical skills and analytical ability. Aptitude to conceptualize and provide
advice on complex financial models.
• Ability to influence a wide variety of stakeholders through clear and compelling
• Extensive project and program management experience, with the demonstrated
ability to lead and facilitate strategic initiatives in a cross-functional environment
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and
communicate cross-functionally with all levels of leadership across the organization
• Experience with a global organization, having built strong partnerships with
stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to build and present data-driven decks to C and Board-level
Job Location: New York USA