CHIEF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (CIO)
An executive that oversees the information technology (IT) , a crucial part of an enterprise’s digital transformation. Cloud computing, big data analytics, mobile computing, and collaboration platforms, AI, and digital disruption also having more influence on the direction of consumer products. With these technologies in the driver’s seat, the CIO is less concerned with running the IT department. Focus has shifted to service analysis, data security, and market reach.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create business value through technology.
- Strategic planning of business growth objectives.
- Ensure tech systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line with business goals.
- Oversee the development of customer service platforms.
- Manage IT and development team personnel.
- Approve vendor negotiations and IT architecture.
- Information risk management (IRM).
- Establish IT policies, strategies, and standards.
- Develop and approve technology futures and budgets.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- 10 – 12 years banking experience out of which (5 – 6) years have been spent supporting major technology projects in a large Banks/Organizations.
- Should have relevant past experience of managing systems under scope and of meeting exceeding targets
- Technical Architectures
- Finance Terms and Modelling for cost management
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet the
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities (oral and written
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with the Business Units, customers and third party support
- Work planning
- Status reporting
- Developing budgets