Company: Software Company
We are looking for an innovative, self-driven and ambitious COO to join our team! As an COO, you will be responsible for overseeing the business operations strategy as this is crucial for growth and profitability of the Operations.
- Formulation of policies and standard operating procedures in line with company strategy and business goals.
- Co-ordination of the team’s effort to implement and adhere to best practices defined standard operating procedures.
- Coordination of people, processes, and tools to guarantee the successful delivery of all value promised as part of communicating the product value proposition
- Ensuring that target KPIs on product and service quality are consistently met and surpassed
- Ensuring that periodic goals and performance expectations of the various units within the team are achieved.
- Ensuring complete compliance and on-going improvements to best practices for software development life cycle management
- Ensuring complete compliance and on-going improvements to best practices for technical and operational support processes
- Instituting and coordinating strategic project management operations to eliminate and avoid major project bottlenecks
- Overseeing, supporting, and ensuring complete compliance with best practices for internal and client-side project execution activities.
- Formulating and implementing necessary changes to people, processes and tools to continuously increase efficiency, improve quality and eliminate operational bottlenecks
- Establishing, planning towards, and providing for current and future resource/capacity requirements
- Ensuring on-going benchmarking and improvement of core skills across various units within the team
- Involvement in the audit of prospective client systems, analysis of requirements and development of suitable solution designs and architectures
- Ensuring the availability of technical and business-related documentation required for the smooth functioning of all functions within the team.
We would love to meet someone with:
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Possesses one or more of the following internationally recognized professional qualifications; PMP, Prince II, Scrum, or Six Sigma.
- At least 10 years related work experience including experience in one or more of the following areas: Management Consulting, Banking, Fintech, and Technology.
- Candidate must have worked in capacity of COO or CTO for a technology startup or as senior team lead in a technology management or related function.
- Previous experience as a software developer or application/system administrator will be an added advantage.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of software development life cycle, payment, banking, and IT infrastructure.
- Proven entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial accomplishments with an industry reputation for successful execution and ability to deliver operational excellence in technology services
- Strong capabilities in project management, product management, process engineering, scrum, software development & IT operations (DevOps), software requirements analysis, quality assurance, and service delivery.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders including the team, clients, partners, investors, and executive leadership.
- Candidate must be highly proficient in problem solving, analytical thinking and Communication