Chief Technology Officer CTO
GREATER NYC AREA
Founder & CEO’s previous job together with the criminal police was to investigate and arrest cybercriminals. It failed. And so is anyone else in this job: Cybercrime is low risk, low investment, and high return. Not surprisingly, illegal financial gain is one of the biggest reasons for cyber-attacks. The result is a predicted USD 10 Trillion of damages by 2025, more than the global drug trade combined. Our vision is to change that. ‘Pulling the plug on cybercriminal’s money supply is our Mission. Our platform collects data and information connected to cybercrime-related financial transactions globally and turns it into effective solutions that prevent cybercriminals from cashing out their illegal gains.
Approximately one year into our existence, we have already reached significant milestones, are backed by senior advisors &investors and ready to ‘go-live’ with an MVP and first pilot customers. We are a small but growing, dedicated driven and fun team on an exciting, fast-paced global journey from pre-Seed/Seed Stage to Start-up Stage.
Now searching for you to join us as soon as possible with the opportunity to become (late) Co-Founder as the global Tech Lead for building the Cybera Global platform and products along side of our team and the CEO, based in New York City (USA).
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (global)
As our CTO you will be involved, (either directly or indirectly) in all technical projects. Specifically, you will spend your days:
- Leading our platform development: In the initial phase you will be responsible for the technology, architecture, engineering, and development of the platform. Your tasks include making our product better (currently MVP stage), continuously validate the technical complexity of the product (idea) and suggest tech approaches to make it real.
- Expand our platform: You will be leading the adaptation of our platform to key markets (mainly USA & UK), be responsible for selecting and implementing the right technologies to create a scaling digital product across different geographies.
- Building a team: You will be responsible for building the technical team from supporter to developer with both internal as well as external parties.
- Collaborating: We are building a cross-functional and international culture. This is not a role for the lone wolf. You will partner daily with our CEO and the broader team to grow the business.
- You have multi-year project experience as a technical product owner, (senior) software engineer, (senior) software architect or a similar position.
- You worked with the latest technologies regarding back-and front-end development, databases, data analytics etc.
- You have experience with complex database models, IT architectures and APIs and are able to take on a technical lead position. Ideally you have already gained experience with Docker and Kubernetes environments and you have an idea what DevOps is.
- Ideally you have Start-up experience and know what it takes to start and build a business from a technical perspective.
- You are highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail and pattern recognition; you manage your time well and possess expert judgment and decision-making skills.You are a high-impact communicator and know how to present to executive-level stakeholders.
This position is based out of New York City, NY, USA, and will require extensive collaboration with the rest of the team in Europe. You are legally eligible to work in the location where this job is located.
- People who thrive on our team tend to share the following characteristics:
- Humble, open, and curious. You recognize that no one is perfect and you will often be wrong, and you’re excited about listening and learning being a big part of your job.
- Attentive, active listeners. You’re interested in what others have to say and illustrate your interest with your actions.
- Enthusiastic collaborators. You understand that the best outcomes are achieved through shared ownership and seek to spread knowledge and expand participation rather than restrict it.
- Comfortable with uncertainty. You know that sometimes problems and situations can’t be simplified or fully understood and are at ease working within this type of haziness.
- Passionate about personal growth. You view mistakes as opportunities for learning, and want to grow as a designer, colleague, and person.
To be considered for this or any other exciting role please email a copy of your CV to cloud @oscartemple.com