Job Type: Full-Time
Department/Division: Client Administration
Reports to: CEO
The Client Administrator is responsible for the operational day-to-day running of the Client Administration Department, including assigned Funds/Plans and Portfolios. He/She will make sure the applications for the assigned Funds/Plans and Portfolios are fully operational and up to date on a daily basis. This includes processing subscriptions, redemptions and all other related transactions, timely preparation, and presentation of periodic management accounts for all assigned Funds and dealing with queries from customers. In addition, he/she will be responsible for client reports, liaise with external parties on processing client-related transactions, including tracking corporate actions, research and analyse Client Administration models of competitors and identify industry best practices, and any other related tasks as may be assigned. He/She will provide leadership to the Client Administration team, ensuring the successful automation of processes and provide Fund Accounting for the mutual funds and others. The Client Administrator will supervise subordinates and ensure that client files are up-to-date and properly stored.
- Running daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly account valuation as necessary on all the managed Funds, Plans and Portfolios
- Prepare and review client account reports and effect reconciliation where necessary. This might require liaising with other arms of and external parties
- Oversee the month-end account closure process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inadequacies.
- Authorization of transactions related to client administration
- Updating of all corporate actions on the Simplus application
- Active involvement in the coordination of Unit holders Meetings for SEC-Approved Funds
- Updating of all client accounts’ profiling
- Ensuring adherence to Operational control and Compliance and all SEC stipulated standards of operations
- Processing of all investment transactions.
- Drive automation and continuous process improvement.
- Work with the Finance unit in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly & yearly accounts and reports relating to the Funds
- Prepare and review all audit schedules in respect of all client accounts
- Ensure there is a proper filing system in place for all back-office operations
- Liaising with CSL Stockbrokers on the processing of RETAIL clients’ mandates and processing of benefits (bonuses and dividends)
- Work with the Compliance Department in the preparation and review of periodic regulatory reports, including reports to the SEC, Fund Trustees, Fund Custodians, Fund Valuers, and other parties
- Work with other departments and teams to stay in line with the overall objective of the business
- Carryout any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong knowledge of accounting, economies, and financial markets.
- Strong knowledge of back-office functions in an asset management company and an understanding of related software applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and Customer service implementing best practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounts, Business Management, or related fields
- At least 3 years’ experience in a financial services company, preferably an asset management company or custodian
- Strong background and work experience in an operational function and/or management and financial accounting.
- Professional qualifications (CFA, ICAN, ACCA), or an MBA will be an added advantage.