Position Client Value Proposition Manager
Reports to: ▪ Group Head, Private Banking
Supervises: ▪ N/A
Job Summary The jobholder is accountable to the Group Head, Private Banking with
the aim to:
▪ To analyze market trends, customer needs and behavior to develop
measurable value propositions to the Group’s clients
▪ To provide an expert advisory and support service to cover products,
tools, business procedures and all customer outputs
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Carry out analysis of market trends, competitive context, customer needs,
customer behavior and potential as related to propositions (performance, revenue
▪ Monitor industry trends and customer relevant innovations which can influence consumer
preference to develop customized value propositions and maintain consumer centrism.
▪ Keep informed on industry trends that can present atypical value channels to drive brand
▪ Develop and maintain existing client and prospect base by creating and implementing an
annual Sales and Marketing plan on a differentiated customer experience based on data
▪ Identify key customer segments within the Bank’s pool
▪ Develop persona groups within our Banks’ broader customer segments and design market
leading propositions for these groups of Clients.
▪ As a key member of the wider Client Journeys team, consistently lead the development
of solutions which deliver for our customer segments and improve customer satisfaction
and provide excellent experience
▪ Build customer propositions which incorporate our products, services and channels into
solutions which can be easily and effectively articulated and communicated to our
Clients in line with the marketing strategy and revenue goals.
▪ Analyze assigned customer’s needs and utilize insights from advanced analytics tools
along with your perspective to increase customer’s profitability and grow share of wallet.
▪ Take responsibility for ensuring that the propositions and associated activities are
compliant with institutional and regulatory requirements
▪ Present the customer value propositions in the orange validation process, including
development of business case, project plan and forecasts
▪ Balance actions across the propositions to optimize budget, spending and contribution
under supervision of Group Head
▪ Manage the implementation of these customer value propositions to reach key targets and
market objectives (timing, budget, quality, resources).
▪ Secures alignment and coordinates implementation working with the various teams and
departments within and across the eco-system.
▪ Scope, design and test new ideas or improvements to products, services and processes
in close collaboration with function and project owners
▪ Ensure understanding, alignment and support from all internal stakeholders throughout
the design and implementation processes
▪ Lead the effort to clearly identify, articulate and track attitudes and perceptions of customer
persona and segment groups
▪ Work supportively/collaboratively with colleagues in Business Development specifically
and the senior management team, to ensure sharing of best practice and effective coordination of activities
▪ Engage our Clients in the development of future product offerings ensuring strong
▪ In conjunction with the Group Head Private Banking, on Customer Journeys, provide an
expert advisory and support service to cover products, tools, business procedures and all
▪ Ensure effective reporting, perform post-mortems and if necessary, revise plans.
▪ Follow-up performance of offers, under responsibility and develops corrective plans if
▪ Enhance the organizational understanding of different customer segments, their needs,
behaviors and attitudes and push the organization to be customer centric through strong
▪ Support and implement the overall the Private Banking Group / Bank policies
Competency and Skill Requirements
• Good understanding of private banking products/services.
• Strong business writing and presentation skills
• Strong client focus.
• High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
• Proven experience of strong internal and external stakeholder management
• Excellent organizational skills
• Possess the ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or
• Additional professional qualifications in Project Management, Business Management,
Banking, Social Sciences or an MBA are an added advantage.
• At least 2 years cognate experience in relationship management, value proposition building
in financial services.
Method of Application
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of the
Job Location: Lagos