Salary Compensation: $150K/yr. – $200K/yr.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Share your Resume to this email with the Job title as subject)
Industry: Information Technology
The Cloud Application Migration and Modernization Engineer provides technical leadership (from a customer application perspective) to migration architects and teams of specialists involved in the consulting phase followed by assessment / discovery, planning , design and execution of the migration Act as a trusted advisor to manage application assessment / discovery and decomposition to develop documentation of the current operating model. Assist the lead architect in defining the method of movement and documenting the future state operating model. Serve as a point of contact for client application teams and associated migration issues.
- Work with customers, partners, project managers, solution architects and product teams to drive migrations
- Set up and attend initial workshops to articulate the scope, advise and build the migration strategy by co-creating and developing a viable solution, using the IBM Garage methodology and other Agile environments (Scrum, SAFe, …)
- Evaluate client workloads, qualify applications suitable for migration from a business and financial perspective while developing the high level statement of work (SOW)
- As an experienced modernization engineer, you will work with our clients on resolving application architecture adaptation and reengineering to take full advantage of the benefits of the cloud.
- Help architects identify technical solutions to migration barriers and guide database and application developers to implement them
- Check technical feasibility and validate solution options for requirements
- During migration, optimize downtime, observability impacts in source and target, ensure continuity of application deployment, etc.
- Validate the success of the application move, the integration of monitoring tools, the CI / CD integration, the transfer to BAU, etc … after the execution of the migration
- 5-7 years of software engineering and architecture work experience including application transformation (e.g. Cloud-Ready, Cloud-Native)
- Experience with API Management and microservices
- Experience evaluating and discovering applications and defining cloud migration strategies
- Understanding of modern approaches to migration and modernization of applications: re-host, re-platform, re-architecture, etc …
- Good knowledge of automation and configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SaltStack
- Development and scripting skills: Java, NodeJs, VueJS, Python, YALM, Bash, Poweshell
- Source code management and continuous integration tools: GitHub, BitBucket, Gitlab, Jenkins, UrbanCode, Gitlab CI, Nexus, Travis CI
- Monitoring and Event Management Tools: Prometheus, Graphana, Elasticsearch
- Hands-on experience with at least one major cloud provider; Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google CloudPlatform
- Motivated and able to excel in an Agile and collaborative environment
- Possess and effectively apply technical and analytical expertise while balancing competing requirements
- Intellectually curious and dedicated to lifelong learning – able to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to solve complex problems while effectively communicating technical concepts
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative environments using agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking
- A plus to have practical containerization experiences: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, AKS, EKS or GKS
- A plus to have a public cloud developer certification: AWS Certified Developer Associate,
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate (AZ-204) or Google Professional Cloud Developer