Cloud Data Engineer
You will work closely with the Information Data Governance team, instilling best practice. Other key customers include: data scientists and Business Intelligence teams.
Working in a fast-paced, agile, and continuous delivery environment. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by this challenge and will help to develop our future ways of working.
Skills & Experience
You will have a degree, MSc or PhD in a numerate or scientific discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics etc), as well as the following:
- A good understanding of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- Azure experience, including expert understanding of Azure Data Lakes • Strong experience in the extraction of data from SQL servers
- Strong in some programming languages, like Python, R and Scala • Ideally will worked in the wider financial services or insurance sector
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to simplify problems into component parts and deal with them systematically
- Desirable but not essential – understanding of Meta-data driven data ingestion using Kafka
To be considered for this or any other exciting role please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com