The Cloud Developer is responsible for the hands-on design and management of production and non-production virtual infrastructure. The engineer works closely with networking, telecom and applications experts to help adapt legacy applications to work efficiently in a highavailability, multi-region AWS environment. The role assists Verint management in leading and guiding the technical work of the AWS team. Additionally, the engineer helps apply containerization and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) best practices to our highly available hosted infrastructure.
- Work with talented engineering resources to adapt and port existing applications into AWS according to the product roadmap.
- Attend and contribute to technical engineering meetings and troubleshooting sessions.
- Provide regular status and progress reports, identify issues and resource constraints by working with Project Management team.
- Assist the Security team in implementing the AWS solution in a FedRAMP compliant manner using best practices.
- Assist the Engineering and Operations / R&D teams with AWS Infrastructure by solving complex problems, innovating solutions, and driving cross-team tech efforts.
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering teams and corporate business units to drive solutions through their lifecycle, influencing architecture, design, development, budgets and business process integration.
- Maintain “Jira” lists; actively work to manage the team’s work queues and issues; serve as escalation point from Tier 1 issues into Tier 2 and 3; perform follow-up on issues tracking and aging.
- Perform after-hours maintenance and support as required, to include participating in an “EOC” (Engineer on Call) rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing Cloud environments.
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages and/or scripting languages, such as Python, Golang, Bash, etc.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of current trends, practices and vulnerabilities of AWS and virtualized PaaS systems.
- Ability to create infrastructure as code using technologies such as Terraform and/or Ansible and the use of version control tools to keep track of changes.
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations.
- Familiarity with Java, Tomcat.
- Familiarity with APM tools such as Newrelic, AppDynamics.
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, GlusterFS, S3.