Cloud Security Architect – California
Full Term (Remote and on-site)
Our Client, a global IT firm is looking to hire an experienced Cloud Security Architect to lead and define their cloud-security strategy, validate requirements commensurate with risk and to design and coordinate the deployment and operational management of security controls for these cloud environments.
- Lead the design and development of security architectures for protecting systems and data deployed into our cloud native and hybrid environments.
- Contribute to the overall Enterprise Cloud architecture strategy and lead the security vision and strategy around IaaS/PaaS/SaaS cloud deployments.
- Define and implement cloud security threat and risk mitigating controls aligned to best practices, addressing operational enablement including monitoring, automated alerting and actionable remediation.
- Work with cloud support teams across business teams to ensure all cloud deployments and resources are aligned with Enterprise Security controls and best practices.
- Serve as an authoritative point of contact for all matters related to cloud security controls, implementation, and enforcement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT
- 10-12 years of professional experience in an Enterprise Security design and Architecture role including IaaS and SaaS cloud deployments, network, systems and related services such as DNS, Directory and operational management technology and procedures.
- Hands-on experience implementing various security solutions, systems security and deploying security controls in cloud-based environments.
- In depth understanding of enterprise cybersecurity standards, frameworks and best practices.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and the ability to secure results through others.
- Demonstrated hands on expertise securing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- In depth understanding of cybersecurity benchmarks for cloud technologies.
- Expert knowledge of cloud native identity and access management (IAM) and encryption key management (KMS).
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tooling and best practices (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.).
- A working understanding of code and script such as: Python, Node.js. and JSON/YAML.
- Knowledge of networking, engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers and other common core services.
- ISC2 (CISSP), AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), AWS Certified Security Specialty, Azure security certification.
- Remote working available
To be considered for this position, kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org