BUSINESS UNIT/ DEPARTMENT: Enterprise Assurance Group
REPORTS TO: Head, Enterprise Assurance Group.
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
The Credit Risk Officer is responsible for implementing the Group’s credit risk management framework through the identification, assessment, management of credit and investment transactions to safeguard assets quality and minimize potential losses. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring sound management of credit risk and implementing the credit/investment risk framework in the area of the Group’s lending and investment operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and provide feedback about the completed loan application form on any missing or unclear documents in the application thereby ensuring all required supportive documents for the credit analysis have been submitted
- Conduct credit evaluation/ analysis for retail and MSME clients and make appropriate recommendation in line with credit policy
- Ensure proposed facility are structured appropriately in line with transaction dynamics, repayment structure and customer’s cashflow.
- Ensure compliance to target market, risk acceptance criteria and overall Credit policy
- Conduct Risk Rating and Credit scoring for all loan request
- Conduct financial and non-financial business analysis on proposed request and interpret generated financial ratios/ performance indicators
- Recommend credit for final approval, follow-up with the required DLA to ensure request are approved timely and communicate approval to market facing units.
- Ensure that all pre-disbursement conditions are met
- Ensure that limits are monitored; maturing repayments and all receivables on accounts are collected
- Identification of credit related early warning signals and flagging likely problems before they crystallize
- Prepare on a timely basis, the rendition of all relevant regulatory returns
- Liaise with Financial Control Department (FINCON) to prepare Capital Adequacy Ratios and loan impairment in line with CBN prudential guidelines and IFRS requirements
- Credit call visits to customers with relationship management team.
- Liaise with Legal Unit and ensure that all security documentations comply with terms of approval and are enforceable
- Ensure proper filling of customer loan documentation in line with the requirement of the CBN prudential guideline
- Builds relationship with RMs and Relationship/platform Officers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND TRANNING
- Minimum of 8 years post-NYSC experience in Credit Risk Management within the financial services industry with primary focus on MSME and Retail segment.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. preferably in Accounting/Finance, Economics or Business Admin
- Professional qualification such as ACA and ACCA
- Experience in Credit Administration and delinquent management will be an added advantage
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of CBN policies on credit and loan administration
- Knowledge of retail banking and micro lending
- Strong proficiency in analyzing and evaluating financial information
- Computer proficiency particularly with spreadsheet
- Attention to detail; thorough, particular and accurate
- A demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting and risk management
- Communicate in clear, concise and effective written and verbal formats
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and with sound decision making skills