Director of Cloud Architecture and Engineering
The ideal candidate will provide technical leadership along with architectural, engineering and operational support focusing on the overall quality and financial efficiency of the enterprise cloud environment. This includes overall design, capacity and performance planning, developing architectural and operational frameworks and ongoing evaluations of core technologies for these areas.
- Guide business units in the development of cloud strategy and establish policies and procedures for developing and supporting all cloud deployments.
- Within the IT operations unit, this position leads the day to day activities of our matrixed team of engineers in the administration, operational support and problem resolution of building and maintaining the firm’s cloud-based solutions.
- Drive the solution process for cloud migration opportunities to arrive at a delivery approach including recommended staffing, technical solution concepts, process, and costs.
- Develops, recommends and distributes operational processes and procedures to ensure consistent and efficient service delivery of cloud services.
- Support our cloud-based infrastructure to improve reliability, availability and security.
- Responsible for the design, maintenance and overall performance, security and availability of the company’s platform infrastructure and systems.
- In conjunction with our technology security teams, design and develop the AWS and GCP security architectures for protecting business critical data and assets.
- Setup and maintain 24×7 monitoring of environments and services, working with development and operations teams to ensure SLA uptime/stability.
- Performs periodic on-call, support of after-hours deployment/maintenance windows and other duties related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position and which supports our 24x7x365 operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience is required.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure and engineering in a hands-on technical role.
- 4+ years of scripting experience with automation using Shell, Python, Perl.
- Requires a strong operations aptitude for multi-layered technical diagnostics triage, and a passion for building high-availability systems. Should have preferably worked previously in a production AWS environment performing such a role.
- Experience with AWS and GCP infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of VPC resources including Security Groups, Network ACL, Internet Gateways, Virtual Private Gateways, VPC Peering, End Points, and Route tables
- Knowledge of AWS Well Architected Framework and security shared responsibility model.
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes, HashiCorp and Docker, and familiarity with microservices management a plus.
To be considered for this or any other exciting role please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Job Location: Texas USA