Grade: Executive Director
Reports to: Managing Director
My client a top Pension Fund Administrator is looking to recruit a an ED Business Development and Operations.
As the ED, BDRM & OPS the job-holder must be analytical and knowledgeable. The DH, BDRM&OPS will be primarily responsible for driving the company’s business development strategies. He/ She improves the current client portfolio and brings in new businesses as well as achieves positive results in terms of client’s migration.
Overall, the job holder will support the Managing Director to achieve the company’s corporate objectives.
- Lead and manage the business development and operations division within the company to achieve annual business targets.
- Work with heads of departments in the group to improve and develop effective departmental processes, strategies, procedures and methods that will enable the company achieve its growth objectives.
- Drive intra-departmental partnership within the division to ensure seamless client retention and new business processes.
- Drive performance within the division by coaching the heads of departments and implementing effective performance management measures.
- Analyze company’s past business development decisions and suggest improvements.
- Work with the head of BDRM and regional managers to identify new regional markets with a view to grow the private and public sectors business.
- Responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of effective client relationship management strategies and procedures that will achieve 95% client retention.
- Work with the various heads of departments to mitigate client migration via the transfer window by ensuring new clients are registered to offset any client exit loss.
- Work with the heads of benefits payment and operations to ensure timely payment of benefits and processing of client contributions.
- Provide clear and well-informed business development recommendations based on thorough research and analysis to the stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain group reports, perform regular reviews including board and executive management reports.
- Ensure that the group’s processes comply with the industry and broader regulatory standards.
- Drive corporate governance measures within the group.
- Any other assignments assigned by the Managing Director.
- Additional qualification and certifications: ACCA/ICAN, MBA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ post university experience with at least 4 years’ at senior management level.
- A degree in finance or a quantitative discipline from an accredited institution.
- Track record of strong positive performance.
- MUST be currently working within the Pension Industry