Location: Lagos. Head office
Proposed Grade: Assistant Manager
Sector: Commercial Bank
Client is looking for whom to act as Strategic Finance Business Partner for the various business functions, providing relevant financial and non-financial information and insights that will facilitate performance improvement. Coordinating the activities of other Finance Partners to ensure the achievement of the unit’s goals of providing effective partnering to all supported functions and assisting the Head of department in coordinating the Finance Business Management and Corporate Planning department.
- Provide analysis and delivering insights that links the financial reports to business strategies to the various business segments.
- Initiating change that will ensure the delivering of key operational and financial targets.
- To produce regular and adhoc Financial and non-financial reports to the assigned business and provide explanations of key variances.
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with the leadership of all the business and non-business functions in the bank.
- Supporting and influencing key operational and strategic decisions in the business units and the bank.
- Provide strategic leadership to and coordinate the activities of other Finance Partners towards ensuring effective partnering of the supported functions in the bank.
- Assist the Head, Finance Business Management and Corporate Planning in developing Strategic and Tactical operational model that will improve organizational performance.
- Assist the Head, Finance Business Management and Corporate Planning in planning, organizing and coordinating the monthly and Quarterly performance review sessions of the bank.
- Coordinate all Finance Business Partners in driving the bottom up budget process of the business and non-business functions during the Bank’s annual budget process.
- Assist the Head, Finance Business Management and Corporate Planning in coordinating and providing leadership to all members of the department.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Finance Business Management and Corporate Planning
▪ Minimum education level – First degree with a Minimum of Second (2nd) Class Lower (Accounting/ Finance/ Economics and any other relevant finance courses).
▪ Professional qualification in accounting (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA ) will be an added advantage
▪ A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in Financial Control, MIS and Performance unit in a bank or financial institution.