Fixed Income Trader.
A fixed income trader is a financial professional who executes security trades on behalf of institutional and retail clients based on equity research relating to fixed income investments.
A Fixed income trader conducts a thorough market research, analyzes the market conditions, and assists in meeting the clients’ financial goals by correctly identifying and purchasing the bonds. He is also involved in the marketing of fixed income solutions and strategies that will help in providing better client services. He is responsible for managing the daily trade volumes to ensure timely and appropriate execution of the orders that are in compliance with the regulatory policies.
Primary functions and essential responsibilities:
- To continuously monitor the market conditions and remain updated on the current market trends and prepare relevant reports
- Provide an insight to the clients regarding their fixed incomes as well as relevant feedback to the analysts and portfolio managers based on the market trends
- To recommend new strategies by evaluating the existing fixed income investment plans
- To offer fixed income products and services as per the client’s financial abilities and his interest in investment
- To perform all the back end office work, to make entry into new markets, and to make sure that all the activities of trading are carried out efficiently by adhering to the rules and regulations of the company
- To maintain healthy professional relationships with the clients and handle all their issues and provide a timely resolution for the same.
- The trader is responsible for managing daily trading to ensure timely execution of the orders and confirming that they are in compliance with regulatory policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Statistics, Management, or finance required
- MBA or an advanced degree in business, management, Statistics, or finance preferred
3-7 years of relevant experience in finance, Analysis, Business Valuation, FixedIncome Analysis & Valuation, Investment Management, Risk Management and equities.