Our Client, a reputable telecommunications internet service provider, is urgently recruiting for the following position
Job Title: General Manager, Customer Retention Unit
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
The General Manager, Customer Retention Unit will be responsible for providing thoughtful leadership, business judgement, and analytical insight to support customer centric initiatives, coordinating and management of processes and functions and plays a vital role in improving the overall quality of processes and operations within the customer service operation and support team.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that effective measures, guidelines, and strategies are in place and adhered to across the support structure of the business by building and maintaining a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. Assists with the build out of the customer service operations by the continuous improvement of functional standard practices, policies and procedures.
The focus of the General Manager, Customer Retention Unit is strategic and tactical, specific to the;
- Call Center Operations
- Technical Support Engineers – Network Monitoring and Field Support.
- Incident & Problem Analysis team
- Business Intelligence – Provide a road that enable business to measure performance and seek out competitive advantages and “truly listen to customers” using data mining and statistics to support better business decision making.
- Speed of Incident Management (Break Fix) and fault resolution/ management of churns – When service-related incidents occur, it is the job holder’s responsibility to ensure that the issues are fixed in a satisfactory way. Necessary follow up and escalations must be picked up timely to ensure SLA is not breached.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of all customer service operation activities
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to the customer service function for upper management
- Analyse customer service-related information and evaluate the results to choose the best resolutions and alternatives to customer service challenges, and to identify opportunities to improve customer
- Provide customer service personnel with guidance in handling difficult or complex issues or problems
- Resolve customer complaints and answer customers’ questions regarding organizational policies and procedures
- Lead regular team meetings and manage communication across team members, assuring all parties are informed, aligned and deadlines are being met.
- Identify, track, prioritize and ultimately resolve key customer pain points.
- Design and Implement Customer Experience policies and practices across all customers touch points.
- Establish success metrics, communicate across the team /business and drive team performance against those metrics.
- Manage annual budget around systems, technology and people while strategically growing a world class team.
- Plan, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the customer service operation activities
- Develop, implement and / or manage the organizations customer service policies, procedures, standards, and strategies Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Interview, select, coach, train, instruct, manage, and appraise the performance of the team
- Identify opportunities to add value beyond problem resolution to relevant business areas (e.g., sales, marketing, product development, etc.)
- Manage projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class honours (Upper division) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related fields
- Familiarity with Network management systems including traffic monitoring and bandwidth management a plus.
- Ability to use a number of monitoring/Ticketing/Reporting platforms
- At least 15 years working experience with at least 5 years in people management and team leadership.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library –ITIL V3 Foundation, and others
- An MBA or post graduate certification in management and/or service delivery will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated success in designing, developing, implementing world class customer service operations initiatives that meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in establishing and managing key performance indicators (KPI) for service metrics daily, weekly, monthly for the team and 3rd party service suppliers.
If suitable/interested please share your updated CV in word version to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as subject of mail. Referrals are also appreciated.