Job Type: Full Time.
Experience: 10years Minimum
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Supervises: National Sales Manager, and Head of Digital Marketing
Reports to (Title): CEO.
To create and implement marketing and sales strategies to achieve sustainable financial growth and build strong relationships with clients.
To be responsible for the overall performance of the Marketing and Sales teams. To come up with ideas for identifying new business opportunities, to attain financial targets such as Assets under Management, Revenue, Profitability, Cost-to-Income, and Return on Equity. To update the Board on progress towards meeting set objectives. To achieve cross-selling of products and services within the Group, and oversee the implementation of the digital product distribution strategy. To better position the brand and ensure that the Customer Net Promoter Score targets are achieved. To mentor the members of his/her department and be involved in the hiring, appraisal, and firing process.
- Research and identify new business opportunities, including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services, or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Promote the company’s products and services, addressing or predicting customers’ needs and strengthening relationships with customers
- Discuss and agree promotional strategy and activities with the Sales and Digital Marketing teams
- Establish relationships with prospective customers and key contacts of target organisations, nationwide and make regular field visits.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Negotiate fees with customers and ensure that all marketing and sales transactions are profitable for the Company
- Oversee the preparation of Marketing and Sales forecasts and analysis and present findings to Senior Management/the Board of Directors, as required
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual AUM and Revenue forecasts
- Develop plans to implement operational changes, to improve the effectiveness of the Business Development department
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision and ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, mentoring, development, appraisal, compensation, incentive, and retention of staff
- Proactively identify changes in the fund management industry and competitive pressures, to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Identify targets for financial planning sessions nationwide, develop annual financial planning roster with quarterly AUM targets, and update the roster every week via a weekly spreadsheet.
- Collaborate with other arms of the Group in making, identifying, and closing Business Development opportunities and in running investment sessions for their customers.
- Create and implement effective Business Development strategies and lead nationwide Business Development personnel toward achievement of set objectives, particularly growth in the size of the company’s Assets Under Management and Income from the distribution of a wide range of products and services.
- Run physical and virtual training sessions on investment products and services for staff of Group
- Attend meetings, seminars, and conferences, as appropriate.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Sales will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years of experience managing a Business Development Department, with proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- A good understanding of the fund management industry in Nigeria; including trends, technologies, investment products & services, and players
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to travel nationwide, as required
- Proficiency in MS Office,
Head of Business Development:
Meeting Marketing and Sales Goals, Negotiation, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, Staffing, Coaching