Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Information and Technology Services
The ideal candidate oversees daily activities of Command Centre and Information Technology. Responsible for creating and maintaining internal processes and procedures to be followed in this area of operations, including the escalation of reported issues. The Manager’s overall responsibility is ensuring quality and performance of Command Centre and IT service levels to the internal and external client base. This position reports to Chief Operating Officer
- Ability to assess and recruit top candidates, train new IT staff, supervise and motivate team members for high performance
- Experience coordinating installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Ability to identify software needs
- Work closely with and be a liaison to other facets of the company, such as Operations, Customer Service and Management.
- Knowledge of architecture processes and performance reports of operating systems
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Supervising daily operations of network and server infrastructure
- Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Managing IT budgets, forecast, handling cash flow and enforcing cost-effectiveness
- Evaluating risk, developing network recovery and backup processes
- Assessing and purchasing new and replacement hardware
- Assuring that IT activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Testing, troubleshooting and adjusting information systems to operate effectively
- Implementing security of the network, data and its storage and communication systems
- Coordinate Command Centre personnel to ensure continuous 24x7x365 operation of Data Centre critical infrastructure.
- Notify customers (internal and external) before and after planned/emergency maintenance activities, and ensure implementation is within scope of work and maintenance window
- Support Data Center Operations in the commissioning, maintenance, expansion, upgrade and monitoring of the company’s Data Center Critical Physical Infrastructure (DCPI) and connectivity solution
- Design and implement workflows and processes/procedures to achieve efficient use of staffing resources while maintaining service quality.
- Develop procedures and appropriate training to improve Command Centre support and reporting. Implement formal cross-training processes.
- Analyze workload efficiency of staff to redesign workflows and recommend required staffing levels to management.
- Analyze process performance using a continuous improvement methodology to meet the operational needs of the organization.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify and recommend operational changes to the operations team. Implement these changes in coordination with other management staff.
- Proactive monitoring of the entire Data Center Critical Physical Infrastructure (DCPI) with the available monitoring tools to ensure achievement of service level guarantee.
- Execute incident management procedures throughout the incident’s life cycle (identifying, logging and escalating incidents as appropriate, liaising with 3rd party vendors/contractors and updating stakeholders until resolution, in-line with documented procedures)
- Maintaining and enforcing key management process and procedure
- Carryout daily routine system parameter checks e.g., RH, temperature, air velocity, current, voltage etc. and components checks e.g., sensors, filters, fans etc. and report any anomaly or degradation that may pose a threat to availability.
- Prepare and communicate status and performance reports to staff and other management teams.
- Maintain outage notification logs and follow documented escalation procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure the maintenance of physical security by executing proper access request fulfillment process
- Coordinate scheduling of maintenance with operations team and/or external companies.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
The idea candidate should be experience in Web development, virus removal, cleaning infected hard drives and stripping hardware after a security breach occurs. The candidates must also have knowledge of or experience in cloud architecture, leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies. Experience with databases, database storage systems and phone systems are required as well.
A degree in IT, engineering, telecommunications or equivalent. Professional experience in the areas of Data Centre Operations Management and IT infrastructure as well as knowledge of ITIL.