Job Title: Head Digital and Business Ventures
Location: Head Office
Drive and support all digitally enabled businesses and new ventures in alignment with revenue productivity and leading new digital propositions to position UBN for future.
Duties & Responsibilities
Leads the team in strategic planning for specific digital business (retail and commercial) banking propositions as well as partner and ecosystem road maps using market research and in depth knowledge of competitors and user pain points.
Accountable for the development of a digital business & ventures strategy including research, technology horizon scanning, competitor digital strategy analysis and digital thought leadership within the Bank.
Responsible for leading the Digital team with a focus on customer centricity and reinventing the customer journey.
Work closely/collaboratively with other business units to ensure that digital solutions fit in with the Banks IT architecture and project strategies for both new and existing customer offerings.
Define a digital customer engagement strategy encompassing all digital customer touch points and responsible for structuring the growth plan for digitally enabled businesses and new ventures from short term and long term perspectives.
Responsible for achieving the Banks goals and objectives as it relates to providing support for all digitally enabled businesses and new ventures.
· Support superior business growth (through development of products/services) and sales optimization and engagement by incorporating digital products and servicesinto both existing and new customers’ offerings.
Plays a critical role in ensuring effective development, deployment and utilization of the digital technology platform and channels towards supporting all digitally enabled businesses and new ventures.
· Drives the analysis of customer journey by constantly reviewing, assessing and rating the quality of customer journeys and tools thereby ensuring that digital innovations that are deployed comply with various industry standards and Supports the development of superior customer value propositions and client servicing standards
Make recommendations regarding seamless and efficient customer journeys, backed up by experience, solid logic and user testing where appropriate and that incorporates ALL the company’s digital and non-digital channels for a singular high engagement customer experience.
· Plays a critical role in ensuring that user metrics are captured and analyzed to refine and improve digital execution and utilization by customers.
· Constantly review and identify gaps in digital channels which could lead to poor customer services, service downtime, fraud, financial loss and reputational damage to the bank.
Key Performance Indicators
· Achieve Revenue growth target
· Achieve Growth in Monthly Active Users
· Achieve Reduction in Churn or dormancy rate
· Achieve Customer Net Promoter Score and Customer satisfaction ranking target
• Minimum education level – First degree.
• Second degree and/or membership of relevant professional body in related field will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 8 – 9 years’ experience with proven track record as a Digital Strategy Manager (both in strategy development and execution) in a complex organization as well as effectively managing projects with multi-stakeholder teams.
• Experience in a Fin-Tech and/or Banking industry is an advantage.
Key Competency Requirements
· Must be a tech-savvy trendsetter who has innovative ideas to improve customer experience.
Awareness of digital customer engagement techniques and success measurements
· Good IT foundation and working technical knowledge of ICT and ability to grasp and explain technologies quickly.
· Extensive experience with quantitative financial modeling and reporting across multiple sources of data, these may be linked through pivot tables, lookups, conditional formulas or more emergent analytical methods.
· Experience in technology and media strategy consulting, commercial strategy, planning or corporate development at various technology firm or digital part of a financial organization.
· Experience with creating high value opportunities within a technical environment
· Good understanding of current emerging trends and best practices
relevant experience in Digital transformation and Digital Channels
Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills.
· Good leadership qualities/capabilities
Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong intellectual horsepower
Effective interpersonal skills and Good team-oriented mindset
· Positive attitude and Strong work ethics
Strong analytical and business case development Skills
Strategic thinking and structured problem-solving abilities
· Ability to work effectively in a highly diverse team, to thrive with ambiguity, and to work with different teams of technologists, designers, vendors, and partners.
Job Location: Lagos Nigeria