BUSINESS UNIT/ DEPARTMENT: Enterprise Assurance Group
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
The Head Enterprise Risk will provide oversight to the Enterprise-wide risk management (ERM) strategy and framework that effectively translates the risk appetite framework into informed decision-making practices that support the organization’s unique business model and strategic plan. He or she will bring strong technical expertise coupled with leadership and excellent stakeholder skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the organization’s risk appetite, limits and tolerance levels.
- Assist the Board/Management to develop and communicate risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and recording of business risks relating to processes and functions.
- Define the enterprise risk management framework and establish guidelines for the development and implementation of supporting policies and procedures.
- Incorporate risk considerations into strategic decision-making and ensure alignment between business strategies of line management and the risk policy.
- Ensure portfolio optimization through risk diversification and transfer strategies, in line with the risk/reward profile.
- Provide input into capital and resource allocation decisions.
- Establish and maintain a risk awareness culture and provide appropriate opportunities for organizational learning, including lessons learned from previous problems, on-going communication, training and development.
- Monitor and report on adherence to the organizations risk framework / policies to the Board.
- Act as the point of contact between the organization and Regulators/investors with reference to risk management issues.
- Build a risk monitoring system complying with Basel I & Basel II & Basel III requirements for assessing, reviewing and mitigating risk factors.
- Establish a Credit Rating system for the Group as well as develop and implement a Credit Risk Management policy for the Group Credit Department.
- Define procedure and guidelines for the establishment of the credit committee, ALCO committee etc.
- Develop objectives for measuring, monitoring, evaluating, and mitigating the risk exposure of the Group and ensure that they are reported in a timely manner to regulatory entities and the management of the Group.
- Oversee the Risk Management department in delivering high quality and professional service to the Group and the clients in the field of risk management.
- Recommend and maintain proper approval processes for all transaction types to ensure proper risk control.
- Ensure that classified loans are reported and properly administered in the system of the Group.
- Establish procedures and execute Profitability and Risk analysis for the Group frequently.
- Chairing Portfolio Management and Risk and Compliance Committees
- Develop predictive dynamic monitoring procedures/systems for the Risk Management Department.
- Minimum of 11 years’ experience in Enterprise Risk Management with at least 4 years’ risk management experience in a SEC regulated entity and at least 3 years in a management role.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or MBA in any related discipline.
- Professional certification such as CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, RIMAN or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized professional body
- SEC Sponsorship is an added advantage