Job Type: Full Time.
Experience: 5-7 Years
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
- The Head of Alternative Investments would be responsible for managing the company’s investments in alternative assets by developing policies and strategies that are in line with the client’s investment risk and objectives.
- The Individual will also take into consideration market and economy trends in order to maximize administration of elective speculations portfolio towards accomplishing the company’s business goals.
- The Fund Manager will also be responsible for identifying and sourcing of new investors within Nigeria and internationally.
- Build relationships with hedge fund and private equity investors while maintaining existing accounts.
- Develop and implement new alternative investment products
- Define, measure and grow investor accounts
- Grow and maintain alternative investors
- Manages multiple levels of capital raising life cycle including identification, qualification, discovery, prospecting, close.
- Periodic review of the Funds at the Investment Committee meeting for effective management and rebalancing of the Fund/portfolios where necessary.
- Develop and implement investment policies and strategies in line with Funds’ investment objectives and risk profile while taking into consideration market and economic conditions.
- Excellent service delivery to clients under management through prompt execution of client’s instructions as well as other requests related to their portfolio.
- Improved Return on Investment for the customers in order to increase the value of fee income generated on portfolios by the company (i.e. out performance of strategic benchmarks).
- Compliance with risk management policies in order effectively manage risk and prevent loss inducing errors or brand equity erosion
- Develop effective back up in the absence of responsible Fund Manager
- Provide error-free information and Reports on clients’ portfolio.
- Send out reports on portfolio performance to clients quarterly for timely reporting
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences/Finance
- Certified Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)/ Certified Financial Analyst or CFA is an added advantage
- Second Degree or Advanced/Professional Qualification in Business/Finance disciplines (Advantage)
- Understanding of alternative investments, portfolio management, interpretation/analysis of financial statements, research capabilities for Macro-economic and industry analysis, quantitative analysis, fixed income investments and alternative investments
- Minimum of 5-7 years in Fund Management with prior experience in Alternative Investments.
- Must have worked in a Private Equity or Venture Capital
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in alternative investment space with experience in setting up of Funds, raising funds and successfully exiting multiple deals
- Experience across multiple segments regarding Alternative Investment areas of interest
Job Category: Financial Services
Job Location: Lagos