HEAD OF DEVOPS
We are building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. We accomplish this
with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We
also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program. We have been recently
named to the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work
by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and
are looking for our next great team member.
As the Head of Devops, you will build and lead a team that covers project work, site reliability
engineering, development tools, release management, and overall performance. In your role, you
will proactively contribute to solutions that diminish operational issues, help application developers
build highly scalable applications, and architect infrastructure as code to gain efficiencies and
increase productivity across all the company’s initiatives. You will own the project roadmap for your
team and balance operational support and regular releases with ongoing project work.
The Head of DevOps will have extensive programming experience and has served extensively on
multiple business’s sites/software/applications at a production and support capacity. The Head of
DevOps demonstrates superior trouble shooting skills and has extensive knowledge in monitoring
and alerting mechanisms. Our production environment includes Kubernetes running on AWS virtual
private cloud technology. We are actively migrating to a microservices based architecture.
Our ideal candidate is deeply passionate about continuing to learn, helping grow and mentor other
engineers, creatively solving problems, and understands that through well-executed DevOps
practices, the entire product and engineering team will become that much stronger.
• Recruit, build, and lead a team of DevOps engineers, balanced between application support,
release management, and project work
• Implements systems infrastructure best practices, building tools that allow the department
to develop and deploy impeccable sites/software
• Build and maintain development and production infrastructure to support continued
product growth using Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS and associated technologies
• Effectively manage PostgeSQL databases including maintenance and configuration of system
security admin controls
• Manage operating production environment Kubernetes clusters and
• Contribute to pertinent ad hoc projects including debugging code within React, Enterprise
Java (including Spring Boot and DropWizard) , Golang, and Python• Help migrate to a best practices event-driven microservices architecture
• Works with junior DevOps personnel in improving health and performance issues of the
businesses sites/software systems.
Job Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
• 7+ years of relevant experience as a DevOps engineer
• 2+ years in a lead/management position, running systems in a large-scale AWS environment
is a big plus
• 3-5 years of experience working within a modern web-based environment
• 1-3 years of experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Python
• Exposure to Postgres and Linux System administration
• Experience with Java, Python, Redis, Golang, NATS.
• Proficiency in building pipelines using a CI/CD tool such as Gitlab.
• Working knowledge of cloud administration, networking, storage, and instance
To be considered for this or any other exciting role please email a copy of your CV to cloud
HEAD OF DEVOPS