Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Financial Services
Our client, a fast growing Fintech company is looking to engage a Head of Legal to handle all of the company’s legal transactions, partnerships, and projects. Your principal goal will be to guarantee that all our company’s transactions comply with state laws and regulations, while actively helping our company avoid possible legal risks and violations. Other duties will include consulting and leading all corporate legal processes such as mergers, compliance issues, transactions, partnerships, and lawsuits.
- Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings.
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Represent the company in legal proceedings.
- Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on legal matters.
- Protect the company against legal risks and violations.
- Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
- Negotiate deals on behalf of the company.
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Duties include preparing documents, assessing partnerships, and negotiating deals.
- Bachelor Degree in Law with strong academic credentials.
- Minimum of 7 years of legal experience in a law firm or as a commercial Lawyer.
- Strong Legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience on managing external legal counsels.
- Solid knowledge of general business law issues including regulatory framework.
Job Location: Lagos