Location: Ibadan, Nigeria (Full-time (In office))
Industry: Financial Technology
Our client, one of Africa’s most exciting VC backed Fintech startups, providing digital financial services access to Africa’s rising gig economy and workers is looking to add a Head of Operations to its team. This position reports to the COO.
General Operational Management
- Manage and collaborate with the various department to ensure smooth running of the company’s daily operations.
- Develop and document business processes and internal policies to maintain and strengthen internal best practices.
- Build strong documentation internally to ensure all key information is accessible, structured, and actionable.
- Compile and interpret data from the various departments, make strategic decisions based on company goals and develop a plan of action.
- Provide direction and leadership to various line managers and employees to ensure the achievement of objectives, targets, and strategic plans.
- Lead, manage and motivate employees to achieve productivity and deliver high-performance results
- Manage and maintain internal dashboards for reporting purposes of all key metrics.
- Develop, maintain and sustain positive business relationships with existing clients, managers, and third-party stakeholders.
- Drive commercial growth through new and existing partnerships measured by Monthly Recurring Revenue both B2B and B2C.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to executive management, continually provide updates and developments within the industry, and ensure appropriate policies and procedures are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and future solutions/ services and its strategic direction in relevance to the industry.
- Build, improve and maintain internal operational processes tied closely to both Customer Experience and Vendor Management
- Manage the Customer Operations, ensuring retention and revenue are key metrics of success.
- Manage and Monitor Company’s allocated financial resources.
- Closely monitor operating and financial results against plans and budgets, taking remedial action where necessary and informing top management of significant changes.
- Manage all finance, administration, legal and regulatory functions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry news and market forces that may have both an adverse and positive influence on the organization.
- Postgraduate degree or master’s degree in Business Administration or any related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations or Business Management is required but not mandatory.
- 8 – 10 years combined experience in Operations, FMCG or Consulting.
- Experience in startups or start-up development activities is a plus. Experience in Fintech is a plus.
- Proven track record in generating and implementing development strategies to ensure the effectiveness of the organization.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of people of different national and cultural backgrounds in an international setting.
- An intuitive thinker who can understand the big picture with a keen eye for details and can apply a rational, data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- A good listener with a patient and calm personality and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and utilize complex ideas and strategies
- An ethical leader who demonstrates high levels of decision making and influence
- Enthusiastic and dedicated with strong leadership skills.
- Start-up compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity, and dependability.
- Operations team
- Third-party stakeholders
- Strategic partners (e.g., banks, fintech and gig platforms)
- Government authorities
Job Location: Ibadan