Function/ Department: Technical
Reports to: Director, HSSE
Position : HSE Manager,
Level: Senior Manager
Supervises: Specialist, HSE
Work Location: Lagos
Design, implement, communicate and coordinate all health, safety and environmental programs for the company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement and enforce IHS’s corporate HSE policy and procedures to ensure operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with relevant legislation and company and client requirements.
- Address all office and site safety issues as required, including implementation of any current procedures in place.
- Exercise authority to stop any unsafe operation, where immediate corrective action cannot be implemented.
- Develop & promote a positive HSE culture across the organization, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skill, and knowledge.
- Develop and ensure company-wide HSE manual, policies, procedures and processes are maintained throughout the organization.
- Report company-related HSE matters and statistics to key stakeholders, including the Group Head-HSE, Board of Directors and Executives as required.
- Develop major goals to support broad functional objectives to reduce accident rates and improve overall HSE performance.
- Ensure adequate means of distributing and communicating HSE information across the company regarding lessons learnt from incidents, new techniques of accident prevention, new legislation requirements, etc.
- Ensure an adequate program of training for HSE is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Ensure that workplace hazards are identified and appropriate risk mitigation and risk controls are implanted for HSE in the organization. Also, perform regular review of the risk mitigation and control plan.
- Lead investigation of major accidents, including fatalities, and ensure root cause analyses of accidents are performance, as well as analyses of incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Ensure contractors are managed and monitored in line with company and regulatory HSE requirements.
- Oversee the end-to-end management of the company’s fleet operations and maintenance, including policies, processes, procedures, and metrics of performance.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Director, HSSE
- Safety Engineering/ Management
- Emergency/ Crisis Management
- HSE Standards Compliance/ Enforcement
- Industrial Hygiene Practice
- Corporate Governance
- Business Communication
- Stakeholder Management
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Science or any related field.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. ISPON, NES, IOSH, IIRSM, etc.)
- +15 years’ HSE experience with minimum of 5 years in managerial position.
- Relevant training and certification (any of NEBOSH, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISPON, IOSH, IISRSM, OSHAcademy, NSC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of and experience in HSE Management System.
- Good written & oral communication skills.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)