Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Lagos state
Proposed Grade: Officer- Assistant Manager
Salary: 4m- 6m
1. Daily review of Bank Reconciliation Statement, Trial Balance and Balance Sheets in order to ensure transactional movements are adequately authorized and correct.
2. Maintain current knowledge of new regulations concerning federal or state properties guidelines
3. Reviews the Company Secretariat to ensure that all Board and Exco meetings hold as planned.
4. Income Assurance review on income revenue streams such as rental income from property letting, etc.
5. Review of expense lines and schedules to ensure it conforms with policy and approval limits.
6. Review of monthly GL proofs submitted by Finance Department for accuracy, integrity of transactions as reflected and reported.
7. Review of fixed assets register and fixed assets movement register.
8. Review and ensure that required taxes and returns are filed with Federal and State governments as the case maybe.
9. Checking and ensuring functionality of operational tools and office equipment.
10. Conduct sweep and spot checks, stock taking, confirmation visits and other adhoc functions as may be assigned from time to time.
11. Review the policies and procedures (SOMs) of the Company for adequacy and relevance before sign off.
12. Follow up on open audit exceptions/recommendations raised to make sure that effective remedial actions are taken.
13. Implementation and reporting on adhoc control activity
14. Drive the development/review of company’s annual work-plan with focus on critical business and operation areas of the Company.
15. Monitoring of compliance with the company’s Annual Budget.
16. Check attendance register to ascertain punctuality and regularity to duty etc.
17. Work with processors to develop new policies and procedures for activities that do not currently have standardized documented policies and procedures.
18. Confirm that transactions processed to accounts in UBN are streamline on SAGE application on a timely manner.
19. Testing of controls built into processes for their adequately and effectiveness in addressing potential risks.
20. Review of payroll to ensure correct salaries are paid, no duplications or ghost workers.
I understand that this role may not be one you might be interested in. I wondered if perhaps it would suit any friends or colleagues that you might know. If so please forward my details to them.
However, if you are interested in the opportunity, kindly forward your CV firstname.lastname@example.org with job role as the subject of the mail.
Kindly note, people who are currently on described role, with a minimum of two years’ experience in estate management would stand a better chance at job opportunity.