Location: Lagos, Nigeria
CV to be sent email@example.com
Our client is looking to hire an Engineering Lead who can help us build out a dedicated engineering & product team in Nigeria as we scale our business there.
You will recruit and lead a group of engineers that are working on both our core platform and technology as well as new product initiatives. We are looking to you to build an excellent team, foster a strong engineering culture and jointly with others drive the product & technical vision for the cpmpany. Our technology team works closely with all other parts of our business, and you will be working closely with other stakeholders across the globe to help us achieve our goals.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. As the lead for this newly created team, you will help the team achieve their goals through servant-style leadership, removing roadblocks and clear communication. Similarly, you will help the team achieve the right balance between engineering excellence and shipping and iterating solutions quickly.
- You will recruit, grow, and empower a team of driven engineers.
- You will help build a culture of collaboration that embodies our values: Passionate about our customers. Fearless in the face of barriers. Driven by data.
- Collaborating with your team, you will craft a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs while being pragmatic about what’s needed today.
- You will be a hands-on technical contributor and mentor for your team. While most of your focus will be on people management, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do actual technical work when appropriate.
- You will work with other engineering managers and functional leads to set direction and ambitious goals for your team, Engineering, and the company as a whole.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, preferably in either an established technology firm or a product-focused high-growth startup.
- Significant experience as a software engineer, ideally across organizations, industries and technology stacks.
- A record of mentorship and helping others in their career growth.
- Experience and excitement for recruiting, combined with a thoughtful approach to team growth.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Premium Medical Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Weekly team meals
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe