Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Financial Services
Our client, a Pan-African Payment company is looking a passionate, performance-driven marketing professional to join their team in Nigeria and implement marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be a customer champion, have a strong retail marketing experience, be strategic and analytical minded, embrace creativity, and be highly effective at communicating with internal and external partners. This position reports directly to the CEO Nigeria with dotted lines to respective marketing heads at Group
- Develop marketing campaigns to increase the brand visibility across all Merchants
- Develop Partner Marketing campaigns with Merchants to push usage & Adoption of Services
- Establish a process for decision making around Brand and Product growth. Ensure sufficient visibility at every company’s merchant touchpoint.
- Develop marketing campaigns to drive usage and adoption of our payment solutions
- Analyze data to track effectiveness and identify new opportunities or strategies
- Hire, manage and drive a team of motivated and high performing activation brand ambassadors, associates, team leads & area activation executives
- Determine track and manage data points for product growth
- Oversee all trade marketing activities aimed at growing our product usage
- Design and enforce a product feedback mechanism/system/process that allows us to be responsive to the market needs and changes in customer needs
- Search out new partnership opportunities to help drive business growth
Manage budgets and metric outputs, reporting them weekly and monthly to respective managers.
- 7+ years marketing experience with a focus on FMCG distribution, direct marketing skills including segmentation, creative development with internal and external agencies, A/B testing and measurement
- Previous experience as a sales and marketing professional in a telco or FMCG will be a strong advantage
- Previous experience as a consumer marketing manager would be a strong advantage
- Data-driven and analytics marketing manager with up to date knowledge of cutting edge marketing techniques
- Very strong knowledge in retail management and distribution
- Large company consumer marketing experience but with a strong commercial and entrepreneurial outlook.
- Have experience with digital products- knowledge of app/USSD. Nice to have digital & mobile marketing experience
- Proven experience in driving brand visibility
- Good understanding and experience on distribution channel/network
- Analytical & Excellent at numbers.
- Facilitate working with and influencing cross-functional teams and departments in an environment of rapid growth.
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Expertise in creating rigor around activation metrics and managing yourself and/or others to drive to these metrics.
- Drive innovation and customer advocacy. Be a positive change agent with a “can-do” attitude
- Superb leadership, communication, and collaboration capabilities.
- An intellectually curious, quick study who will learn the business quickly.
- A conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems. Self-starter/autonomous
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- A relentless executor that is able to take moonshot ideas and break them into solvable problems. You are not afraid of hard work and there is no task that is too banal if it contributes to your vision.
KPIs have been set around the AARRR Funnel for the Product
- Activation/Usage/growth rate