Location: Remote (Only available to those within USA)
Salary Compensation: $80K/yr. – $90K/yr.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Share your Resume to this email with the Job title as subject)
Industry: Information technology
Our client within the Information Technology sector is looking to add Network Engineers to their team. As the Network Engineer, you are responsible for planning, configuration, management, and support of the hardware and software of the network. You will work to improve the overall availability, reliability, performance, security, and scale of the network for company’s customers.
- Help identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within the network infrastructure and recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices
- Network development mindset to use code to improve operational workflows and efficiencies
- Understand network hardware and software scale and limitations
- Work with vendors to test and evaluate, new code and equipment
- Work on a global team, collaborating cross-functionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Escalations, incident response, RCA, and postmortems
- Proficiency in Unix programming, Linux network stack, IP Tables, Linux Kernel modules.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Network Engineering
- Proficiency in Data path forwarding like Linux bridge, OVS, FD.io, SmartNIC etc.
- Working knowledge of switching, routing, firewall, networking protocols and network security technologies.
- Experience with SDN controllers, virtualization, Kubernetes, cloud orchestration systems like Open stack.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes CNI, Overlay network, Kube-router, performance evaluation.
- Ability to program with one or more high level languages, such as Python, GO and bash.