The responsibility of the Performance Manager is to provide support to the Chief Total Rewards and Performance Management Officer in developing strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of Performance Management Framework in the Bank. He/She oversees and manages all activities related to the performance management cycle and manages all communication, sensitization and monitoring of the process to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the business needs.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and performance improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven approach that sets priorities for improvements in line with on-going strategic imperatives.
- Develop and communicate the strategic vision, scope, priorities, processes, systems and tools of the performance management unit.
- Provide leadership and coordination for Performance Management and improvement initiatives, ensuring their alignment to improving the Bank’s operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness; and ultimately evaluating the impact that these initiatives have on organizational performance.
- In liaison with the Total Rewards & Recognition Officers, contribute to the design, implementation and management of effective Recognition Programs to reward staff contributions.
- Design, implement and manage organization-wide performance training/capacity building for all levels of employees and management to drive for positive and measurable impact on the culture and performance of the Bank.
- Work with Human Resources Information System and Corporate Information Technology Services to ensure the development, enhancement or acquisition of the Information Technology tools needed to support the performance management activities.
A degree in Human Resources Management, Organisational Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Sector Management or related discipline.
Additional professional qualification/certification in Human Resources Management, or in performance management is advantageous.
- Problem solving.
- Client orientation.
- Team working and relations.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Knowledge and understanding of people management theories/ principles and ability to coach others around best practices.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, multitask and prioritize under pressure with minimal supervision.