- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient Database Infrastructure.
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
- Develop automation for maintenance tasks and upgrades of database clusters and services.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Plan and lead complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Contribute as a Technical Team Lead by mentoring others, lead sprint planning, delegating work and assignments to team members and participate in project planning.
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 8+ years’ experience in a platform or dev-ops team in a SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- At least 5+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- At least 4+ years’ experience with distributed database systems ( FoundationDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc. )
- Strong coding skills in Python or Go.
- Experience with Cloud computing toolsets – Terraform, Vault, Packer etc. Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet) Firm grasp of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Strong sysadmin background, demonstrated knowledge of OS lifecycle management managing complex OS upgrades preferably with RHEL or CentOS.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
Interested candidates should send their cv to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Job Location: New Jersey