Reporting to Main: Deputy Head, Business Development
Summary of role objective
The job holder will develop and implement business development strategies to grow the business by ensuring the Company captures and maintains its share of the Pension market.
- In collaboration with Regional Managers, Division Heads & Team Leaders, design an effective sales and marketing plan for the Company.
- Coordinate all the activities of the Business Development teams In the Region and Divisions and handle the management of all sales & marketing operations.
- Analyze and present monthly performance reports based on accurate statistics of our revenue profile and growth potentials
- Establish and agree clear performance objectives and expectations with benchmarks for all BD team members and monitor performance on a continual basis.
- Develop marketing intelligence capabilities through regular interaction with Regional/Division Heads and Team Leaders and Industry channels about strategic accounts — CBN, ANICON, State Accounts, special projects (PFA acquisitions and mergers), etc.
- In collaboration with Operations, coordinate the management of all account receivables — schedules, allocation account, unknown PIN’s, etc.
- Maintain comprehensive database information on all existing clients and prospects, and in liaison with Information Communications Technology (ICY), Operations, and Risk Management departments.
- Responsible for the achievement of Profit Targets and stick within the agreed budget.
- Ensure complete documentation for all payment requests from clients, employers or next of Kin — Full, Temporary Access, Death Benefits, Legacy, Gratuity and AVC access.
- Ensure delivery of quarterly statements to all clients without valid email addresses.
- Resolve all client queries are resolved within specified timelines.
- Ensure unfunded PINs from previous year are converted to funded PINs. Organize Customer forum for at least 50% of employers within every calendar year.
Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in sales and marketing, of which, at least 8 years must have been in the financial sector and 4 years at top management level.
Note: Candidates must be working within the pension industry.
Drive and ambition
Strong interpersonal skills.
High visionary and strategic thinking.
Excellent communication skills.
Team building skills
Influencing and Negotiation skills.
Good Interpersonal skill
Industry and Product knowledge Planning and organizing.
Business Development skills