Directly reports To: Head of Retail
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Sales Manager is responsible for growing revenue in the assigned RON territory (Rest of Nigeria – outside Lagos) including initiating business from scratch to expanding business with existing branches.
- Responsibilities also include screening, hiring new unit managers and subsequent hiring of insurance agents (Advisors) and providing updates to the Head of Retail regarding operating results, insurance trends, and competitor methods. Expand market share through recruiting new Unit managers and Advisors.
- Willing to frequently travel within Nigeria.
- Conduct weekly team meetings and sales training. Mentor and coach a team of Sales Managers / Agents to exceed sales goals. Use experience to mentor colleagues in the business development team.
- Will be responsible for the total sales in RON for (Life/Non-Life) Retail Insurance products. Achieve/exceed annual revenue targets for assigned territory (RON Rest of Nigeria) by leveraging agency buildup to further penetrate the geography and prospecting for new opportunities. Meet or exceed assigned sales goals and work effectively as a sales team member; promote camaraderie, share best practices, provide assistance, be a positive influence.
- Comply with NAICOM/PENCOM/CBN rules, regulations, and legislation governing the financial services industry. To keep one self-updated on the financial markets and in advisory products / services in particular. Adhere to the Insurance AML / KYC policy, escalate and report suspicious transactions.
- Effective demonstration of sales process, able to identify customer purchase pattern, eliminate objections, and develop solutions to close the sale. Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively multi-task daily and meet deadlines
- Liaise with the Branch Heads and Sales Operations team on lead volume, marketing activities and quality. Manage the administrative process of the sales team, to ensure documentation is obtained and submitted promptly to the underwriting/operations departments.
- Run weekly sales reports to track regional sales trends and productivity. Prepare and present weekly forecast to Head of Sales. Recognize outstanding performers and mentor those who are not delivering required targets.
- Represent the Company at trade fairs / association meets / Pensioners meet to promote products/services.
- Should be able to assist the HO Underwriting / Claims team in case of any investigation related to a policy or customer.
- Continually identify new prospective distributors / managers via requesting referrals and performing online research via industry related websites.
- Daily report monitoring / MIS of all field sales managers/advisors.
- Advise Unit Managers and Advisors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently with limited supervision, work well under pressure, and have solid problem-solving skills.
- The candidate should have 7 – 10 years’ experience in retail sales
- The Candidate’s experience should cover oversight of a region (i.e. more than one state)
- Must have a degree 2:2 or above (NO HND)
Job Location: Lagos