Reports to: Team Lead Risk Management.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
- Assessing risk by analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that can affect the organization.
- Evaluating risks by comparing the estimated risk against the given risk criteria with the aim of determining the significance of the risk.
- Establishing the level of risk the organization is willing to take and ensure that adequate controls are in place.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to Executive Management with actionable plans for avoidance or prevention of possible threats at all levels.
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks.
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the organization
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent understanding of the business
- Excellent client’s relationship development/management
- Risk Management
- Financial Markets Knowledge
- Analytical and Numerical skills
- Attention to details
- Communication and presentation skills
- Results/Action Orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Leadership / Supervisory
- Team building / conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer appreciation / data entry (word-processing/spreadsheet/graphics/powerpoints)
- First Degree – At least second class upper degree in finance or related courses
- Professional certification – Membership of professional bodies such ICAN, ACCA will be an advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a bank or other financial institution, at least 3 of which must have been in Risk Management/ Internal Control/ Internal Audit.
Job Category: Financial Services
Job Location: Lagos