Job Title: Security Systems Administrator
Location: New York, USA
Salary: $100 – $105K
Reporting to the CISO, the Security Systems Administrator troubleshoots network access problems and implements network security policies and procedures of the company. Ensures network (LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice) security access and protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Training staff to understand and use security protocols.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a security administrator
- Advanced training certifications is required.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- Good teaching, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills