Job title: Senior Cybersecurity Application engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Our client in the digital payment sector is seeking the service of a senior cybersecurity application engineer who is a product security champion by driving Security Architecture and Design/implementation/optimization for Web, API and Mobile backend applications
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with Visa security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- Facilitate “table-top”/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other SME’s; and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues.
- You’ll be working on enabling/building security to protect the applications from attacks. Products may be built on various platforms and technologies like:
- In-house and custom developed application deployed in Public cloud like AWS, Google, Azure
- Web technologies like HTTP, SOAP, REST services, AJAX
- Databases like MySQL, MS SQL, Couchbase, Cassandra,
- Web Access Management solutions like Forgerock, Siteminder, Custom/in-house Security Frameworks
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Significant progressive experience in building secure applications preferably payment platforms, systems that can withstand all types of threats from various threat agents.
- Expertise on common web attacks and mitigations like OWASP, SANS
- A proven record of accomplishment in designing security controls for complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity and Access Management Services, Data Protection technologies, Security Information Event Management etc.
- Strong knowledge of deep design review and Secure Development Lifecycle methodologies, Agile based methodologies, middleware platforms, development platforms (Java, C, C++, .NET etc.)
- Experience of working on large scale cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and very understanding of security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications
- Knowledge of Software development in either of C/Objective-C/C++/Swift/Java
Job Type: Austin Texas