Job Title: Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD
Salary Compensation: $170K/yr. – $210K/yr.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Share your Resume to this email with the Job title as subject)
Industry: Financial Services
A Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer who will join the Database Security and Detection team within the Software Engineering Domain.
- Responsible for providing security during development stages of software, systems, networks and data centers
- Designs, implements, maintains, oversees, and upgrades all security measures needed to protect organizations’ data, server systems, and networks
- Responds to all system and/or network security breaches
- Designs various strategies and defensive systems against intruders
- Conducts tests and scans to identify any vulnerabilities in the network and system
- Tracks vulnerabilities and collaborates with internal network teams to ensure closing off the security vulnerability
- Analyses new methods of intrusion and prevents any attacks to access information without proper credentials.
- Develops and implements information security standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Designs and develops security features for system architecture
- Evaluating the organization’s security needs and establish best practices and standards accordingly
- Minimum of 5years of experience in a distributed IT Engineering and/or support function with background in Linux Operating Systems management and networking (from Systems perspective) 2-4 years of experience as a DBA in a mixed RDBMS environment (Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Experience with Information Security domain Experience working with Database Activity Monitoring, Vulnerability Assessment and/or SIEM tools
- Experience with automation (Jenkins, etc) and scripting knowledge (Perl, Python, etc) Experience in working with cloud computing technologies (MS Azure / AWS)
- Strong knowledge of supporting operating systems (Linux and Windows) from Engineering standpoint
- Familiarity with ITIL or another IT service management framework
- Familiarity with security standards, regulations and reports (PCI, SOX, HIPPA, GDPR, ISO 27001)
- Knowledge of Agile/DevOps Methodologies
- Excellent system analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience Troubleshooting Difficult Technical Problems
- Difficult Technical Problems