Location: USA East Coast States (Remote)
Salary Compensation: $170K/yr. – $190K/yr.
Email Address: email@example.com (Share your Resume to this email with the Job title as subject)
Industry: Information Technology
About Our Client:
We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion as this is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of the brands. Diversity is more than a commitment to us —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
The Director of Public Cloud Engineering, leads the on-premise cloud (VMWare based SDDC), public cloud (AWS, Azure) and data platforms engineering and automation function within the Technology Services- Cloud Engineering, Operations, and Hosting organization. This role will be responsible for the 3-5 years cloud, networking and data strategy development, technology evaluation and selection, high-level architecture, detailed engineering design of all technology implementations, development and implementation of automation strategy (inclusive of open source adoption), and the evaluation and selection of tools used to monitor, assess, and maintain our hosting environment.
- Accountable for the maturing of the overall Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service hosting strategy, reference architecture, and multi-year technology and investment roadmap.
- Actively engages with external industry experts and forums to remain current on industry trends and technology roadmaps. Drives multiple Communities of Practice, driving innovation, best practices in advancing common business goals.
- Works with Technology Services (TS) peer groups as well as Business Technology (BT) groups to understand future business requirements and the possible impact on cloud computing and hosting capabilities. Anticipates when architectural changes will be needed, and proactively ensures that the changes are architected, planned and executed. Also identifies gaps and the need for new tech standards or the need for capacity expansion.
- Using Agile methodology, effectively manages backlog and sprint execution schedule to accelerate business outcomes. Leads Google SRE adoption in improving overall reliability of services and offerings.
- Focuses on adopting and contributing to Open Source and collaborates across multiple software engineering teams driving common standards, guidelines and frameworks.
- Guides, mentors and develops the team of engineers and architects to ensure that their current skill set keeps pace with the changes to the cloud computing and hosting landscape and the solutions available in the market.
- Ensures that complex operational issues get the necessary engineering support in order to speed resolution and minimize impacts to the business.
- B.S. in Engineering (or equivalent Technical degree) is required
- 10+ years of direct work experience in hybrid infrastructure management and exposure to application development, enterprise architecture
- 10+ years of people management experience is required
- 4+ years of experience working in Agile, CI/CD and DevOps model is a must
- 2+ years of experience in server/vm engineering, OS and lifecycle management
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering and data lifecycle governance
- Deep experience in VMWare based SDDC and related operational and automation aspects
- Hands-on, deep technical understanding and experience in Public Cloud –
AWS/Azure/GCP at enterprise level scale, inclusive of cloud native, serverless, containerkubernetes and RBAC, VPC constructs
- Deep understanding of Hypervisor, Operating System, Database, Network and Security technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level managers, and peers
- Background in programming with open source solutions and languages
- Ability to develop and present compelling business cases and budgets and be able gain consensus throughout the organization
- Public Cloud industry certifications