Senior Engineering Manager (Payments)
As a Senior Engineering Manager, your team is responsible for solving some of the complex backend problems related to the world of connected payments. We are looking for Engineering Managers with the highest levels of technical talent, programming skills, people management skills and keen desire to deeply understand our product.
Things you’ll do as a Engineering Manager
- Taking ownership of the team technical roadmap and set the unified team roadmap with product and deliver on the roadmap
- Manage and support payments backend team
- Coach, train and grow the team to deliver on relevant payments features while helping them improve their skill sets. Be actively involved in the individual team members growth and provide specific feedback and coaching as and when needed
- Ensure the timely delivery of engineering initiatives while continually raising the bar
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team that helps each other with a willingness to learn and teach each other with the team and across the organization.
- Work collaboratively with Architecture, Product, and Engineering teams to develop and deliver products that are scalable and reliable
What We Are Looking For
- 8-10+ years’ experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Experience building and running in production (24×7 environments) distributed large-scale backend systems
- Professional Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL data stores, caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache) and messaging/queuing protocols/systems such as Kafka/AMQP/RabbitMQ.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Successful track record of managing small teams of engineers and project management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Ability to provide honest, direct and actionable feedback to the team and follow up with relevant coaching and guidance
- Experience in payments processing or payments domain
- Expertise in enterprise systems integration.
If Interested, please share your updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as subject of email. Referral are also appreciated.