Senior or Principal Data Scientist
The Sr. or Principal Data Scientist will be heavily involved in executing data analysis and modeling tasks. The overarching mandate for the Sr. or Principal Data Scientist is to execute on analytic delivery and to develop new analytic capabilities for the company’s mortgage initiative. Additionally, he/she may collaborate with other team members to assess and develop new analytic opportunities. This role will provide the candidate exposure and visibility into a strategic initiative for the company, and as such, will be a high impact role within the organization.
- Utilize your technical and analytical skills, while also gaining in-depth exposure to business strategy.
- Act as consultant to cross functional teams, advise how to best leverage predictive modeling and data in general.
- Design, build, optimize and maintain customer lifecycle modeling platforms.
- Identify opportunities to apply data science solutions to improve customer experience
- Consult with business partners to develop data science strategy to address and influence customer.
- Analyze data, build models and assess their quality
- Design experiments and evaluate the results
- Monitor model performance and make recommendation
- Expert knowledge of logistic regression, decision trees, survival analysis, design of experiment and other statistical techniques
- Expert knowledge of supervised and unsupervised ML modeling techniques
- Communicating clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
- Influencing others in both verbal and written mediums
- Leverage data and advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to develop comprehensive customer experience strategy
- Masters or PhD in Statistics or similar quantitative field of study (Math, Economics, Financial Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, etc.)
- Hands on expertise in statistical modeling and analysis
- Experience with use of credit bureau data for statistical modeling
- Experience working with relational databases
- Expert SAS/R/Python knowledge
- Experience with cloud-based modeling (AI) platforms
- 0 – 7+ years of total experience. Financial services or mortgage experience, is not required, but is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical modeling and analysis. Expert level skills in Python or R.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting.
- Aptitude working with relational databases and manipulating data from databases for statistical modeling.
- Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX environments and BASH/shell scripting is desired.
- Very strong analytical skills, combined with an ability to tie analytic results to business implications.
- A can do attitude for problem solving.
- A keen eye to spot opportunities to automate and streamline analytic processes.
To be considered for this or any other exciting role please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com