|I. Position Information|
|Technical Product Manager Lagos|
|II. Job Purpose|
The Technical Product Manager is someone who understands the company’s technology at a deep level and can interact with the development team to lead the strategy for the product. He/She will provide product vision, create a roadmap, and bring a product to life. This involves identifying customer needs, developing strategies to meet customer demands, working with the necessary departments to implement the latest technology, and monitoring progress. The technical product manager is the glue between the business side and technical side of an organization. If you are an energetic, highly motivated, can-do attitude individual with strong technical skills and interests in establishing relationships and surpassing expectations, then we are excited to talk with you.
▪ Define, prioritize, plan and drive the execution of the vision for our product lines
▪ Create a product roadmap and articulate the business value to the product team in order to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product.
▪ Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements; Work with development leads so that product requirements are understood
▪ keep customer focus, drive a vision, and ensure the product meets the market’s needs.
▪ Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
▪ Monitor and analyze market trends
▪ Assess market competition and conduct capability analysis regularly ▪ Assess and address technical risks.
▪ Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
▪ Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community ▪ Coordinate beta tests.
▪ Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
▪ Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
▪ Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
▪ Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
▪ Explore new ways of improving existing services and products
▪ Provide product training and technical expertise
▪ Identify and present innovative product solutions
▪ Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
▪ Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives. ▪ Obtain product market share by working with the sales team to develop product sales strategies.
▪ Represent the Company at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
▪ Facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
▪ Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
▪ Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
▪ Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
▪ Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
▪ Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
|IV.||Key Performance Indicators|
▪ Value Creators
▪ Previous work experience as a technical product manager or similar role specifically
▪ Experience in software product management or technology lead in an enterprise software or SaaS company
▪ People management and customer research
▪ Prior experience in enterprise and cloud management (IaaS, Automation, DevOps), platform, and/or SaaS a big plus
▪ Extensive client facing skills and the ability to work independently
▪ Strong analytical and organizational skills
▪ Superb verbal, written and presentation skills
▪ Decisive, visionary and able to support decisions with research
▪ Ability to team with and influence people at all levels across functions is required
▪ Organised and able to work to deadlines and roadmaps
▪ Good at persuasion and negotiation
▪ Ability to analyse complex data and look for trends in the market and users’ opinions and behaviour
|VI. Experience & Qualifications|
|Education:||▪ Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field|
|Experience:||▪ 8 year’s minimum experience in similar or related field|
|Language Requirements:||▪ English|
|▪ Google AdWords ▪ Social media strategy ▪ Marketing management ▪ Digital marketing ▪ Public relations etc.|