Vice President, Human Capital Job Description
Title: Vice President, Capital Projects
Vice President, Human Capital will develop and lead the firm’s human resources and performance management implementation. The VP will be responsible for human capital demand planning, recruiting, onboarding, HR software selection, all aspects of performance management, and internal communications. This role is for an experienced human resources and strategy professional. A strong performer will feel + be treated like a founding member of company with the opportunity to earn equity in the firm with strong performance.
- Previous Occupations: Firm-wide HR professional with extensive independent experience over 5+ years.
Ideally, previous employment by a VC-backed startup or other fast-paced business environments.
Additionally, experience in agriculture and/or manufacturing are preferred for recruiting referrals
- Analytical/Modeling Capability: Exceptional ability to plan and present projects (Gant charts, Excel, etc.)
- Strong communication skills: Ability to develop compelling presentations. Inspire, coach, and empathize all talent tenures
- Skills Training: None; applicants expected to lead and deliver results from day one
- Talent Coach: Track-record of rigorous direct report professional development; enforcer of firm KPIs
- Creator zero to one: Build structures from nothing where deficiencies are personally observed and able to understand the Job to Be Done when given directives; speed to output is key
- Dependency Mitigation: Anticipates and mitigate bottlenecks; mindset of delays being unacceptable
- Zero Defect, Analytical Tactician: Instinctive excel modeler, quick estimator, error-free analyzer
- Strategist: Fully grasps Firm priorities and is a leading contributor to strategic optimizations
- Contrarian: Firmly presents conclusions of analysis, even when different from Founders’